There is nothing wrong with Baked Brie with bread to dip. This is the perfect holiday crowd-pleasing bite. If you are bringing this to a party, I recommend assembling and then baking the bread and brie at the house you are visiting for ultimate warm ooey gooeiness.
Round Loaf of bread, usually looking like a big carb-y donut
1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
1 Cup Homemade Pesto
6 oz. round Brie
4 oz. Fresh Mozzarella sliced thinly.
- Preheat Oven to 400F.
- Slice bread in a circle making cuts about every inch and a half.
- Spoon pesto between each slice of the bread.
- Add a thin slice of mozzarella between each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with the shredded cheese.
- Carefully slice the top rind off the Brie cheese keeping the shape in tact.
- Add 2 tbsp. of pesto to the top of the Brie.
- Place bread on foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- On a different foil-lined cookie sheet, place wheel of Brie.
- Bake Brie for 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Slice bread into pieces. Serve bread surrounding the warmed Brie for dipping.