There are still a few more sweet New England corn ears around town. Take advantage of the end of season with this delicious corn salad recipe. I serve this hot or cold, beside grilled meats, or with tacos. I use the “hot” variety of peppadews but if the heat isn’t for you, feel free to use roasted red peppers or mild peppadews. Not only do they add a subtle vinegary taste but the color makes the dish “pop!”
Smoky Spicy Corn Salad
(Serves 2 with leftovers)
3 ears of corn, boiled, cooled and cut off cob.
4 slices of thick bacon
1 medium shallot, minced
5 peppadews sliced thinly
Salt and Pepper
1. Cut bacon into small cubes and sauté in pan until almost crispy.
2. Remove bacon from pan. Save the bacon grease!
3. Add shallots, cook until opaque.
4. Add corn, peppadews and bacon back into pan.
5. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until corn is warmed through and begins to brown slightly.
6. Serve warm or cold.